17, Jun 2019
Prelims level : Economy Mains level : GS-III Technology, Environment, Economic Development
- What are Debt Instruments?
- They are either paper or electronic obligations that allows the issuing party to raise funds by promising to repay the lender in the terms of the contract.
- E.g. Bonds, debentures, certificates etc.
Dwindling automobile sales market in India Since Nov 2018:
- The major reason for such a downfall in the market is the reduction in the private consumption expenditure.
What is Private Consumption Expenditure?
- It is defined as the value of the consumption goods and services acquired and consumed by households.
- It is influenced by the following factors: Inflation or price rise
- Increase in taxes which may reduce personal savings. Unemployment