Indonesian Coast Guard ship arrives in Port Blair today
14, May 2019
Prelims level : India, Indonesia Bilateral relations. Mains level : Explain the Formation of thousands of Islands in Indonesia.
- Indonesian Coast Guard ship (BAKAMLA) ‘Tanjung Datu’ arrived in Port Blair today along with a high-level delegation led by First Admiral Eko Murwanto.
- The aim of this goodwill visit is to enhance bilateral cooperation between the Coast Guards of two countries.
- The ship ‘KN Tanjung Datu’ is a Patrol Vessel.
- The ship has a complement of 25 officers and 40 sailors.
- During the stay in Port Blair, various professional exchanges including Table Top exercise and Sea Exercise will be conducted for enhancing domain expertise of personnel from both Coast Guards.
- Indian Coast Guard will also conduct a pollution response demonstration.
- Indonesian Coast Guard Ship ‘KN Tanjung Datu’ will depart Port Blair on Thursday.