INDORE BAGS CLEANEST CITY AWARD FOR 3RD STRAIGHT YEAR
Swachh Survekshan Awards are given by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs based on the survey which covered all urban local bodies in the country. The Survey was the largest such cleanliness survey in the world.
Swachh Survekshan Awards 2019
- Indore was adjudged India’s cleanest city for the third straight year.
- The second and third positions were clinched by Ambikapur in Chhattisgarh and Mysore in Karnataka.
- Ahmedabad has been named the cleanest big city with a population of more than ten lakh.
- Ujjain has been awarded cleanest medium city having a population between 3 lakh to 10 lakh.
- New Delhi Municipal Council area was given the Cleanest Small City award.
- Uttarakhand’s Gauchar was adjudged the Best Ganga Town.
- Bhopal has been named the cleanest capital.
- Raipur won the ‘Fastest Moving Big City’.
- Mathura-Vrindavan won the tag of Fastest Moving Medium City.
- Chhattisgarh has bagged the top spot in the category of best performing states. Jharkhand is at the second spot while Maharashtra is at the third.
- The winners were awarded a statue of Mahatma Gandhi’s memento by the President Ram Nath Kovind.