Institution’s Innovation Council
Why in news?
- The Union Human Resource Development Ministry launched the ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) Program’ in Delhi on November 21, 2018.
- The program was launched under Innovation Cell of the ministry which was established by the MHRD at AICTE with an aim to systematically foster the culture of Innovation in all Higher Education Institutions in the country.
- Objective of the council:
- The main purpose behind the formation of the network of Institution’s Innovation Councils (IICs) is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by exposing them to new ideas and processes resulting in innovative activities in their formative years.
- The programs will help in institutionalizing innovation and developing a scientific temperament in the country.
- More than 1000 Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) have already formed IICs in their campuses and enrolled for the IIC network managed by MHRD’s Innovation cell to promote innovation through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in their campuses.
- The programs will help Indian universities are in setting up research centers which will help to encourage researches and innovative studies.
- The program will help for the educational advancement in higher education by encouraging best practices in innovation and advance research.
- Before this, the Innovation Cell of the MHRD has undertaken many initiatives in this direction such as implementing programs like Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievement (ARIIA), and Smart India Hackathon (SIH)- 2019.
//php comments_template(); ?>