INTERIM BUDGET 2019-20 HIGHLIGHTS
- 6,000 rupees yearly direct support to farmers through PM-KISAN Programme.
- 3,000 rupees pension for unorganized sector workers earning up to 15,000 rupees through a mega Pension Scheme – Pradhan Mantri Shram- Yogi Maandhan.
- Present Income Tax rates to continue; Full tax rebate upto income of 5 lakh rupees for individual tax payers; Standard deduction raised to 50,000, a hike of 10,000 for salaried class.
- Direct tax system simplified; Returns to be processed in 24 hours with immediate refunds.
- 90 percent GST payers can file quarterly returns; Small and Medium Enterprises to get two percent interest rebate on incremental loan of one crore rupees; A Group of Ministers to examine GST burden on home buyers. Customs to go for digitalization of export and import transactions.Allocations to Health care, MGNREGA, SC/ST welfare programmes, Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana, Development of infrastructure in North-East hiked substantially.
- A prgoramme for genetic upgradation of cow – Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog.
- A separate Department of Fisheries.
- Electricity connection to all willing families by next month.
- Allocations to Defence budget crosses three lakh crore rupees for the first time.
- Over three lakh 38 thousand shell companies deregistered after demonetization.
- 10-point vision for 2030 to realize India’s social economic potential; 10 trillion dollars economy in 13 years.
- Government e-Market place – GeM to be extended to all Central Public Sector Enterprises.
- A container cargo movement to the North-East through Brahmaputra river; Allocation for infrastructure development in the region hiked by 21 percent.
- An All India Institute of Medical Sciences – AIIMS for Haryana.
- One lakh more village to get digital connectivity; A National Centre on Artificial Intelligence Centre;
- Cinematograph Act to be tightened to check piracy. Single window clearance for shooting films to be made available to Indian film makers.
- Indigenous development of semi-high speed Vande Bharat Express train
- The fiscal deficit pegged at 3.4 percent of GDP are the highlight of the Interim Budget for 2019-20.