Prelims Syllabus : Governance- Schemes, Policies Mains Syllabus : GS-II- Government Policies and Interventions for Development in Various Sectors and Issues Arising out of their Design and Implementation.
Why in News?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana in September 2019.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also inaugurated 400 Ekalvya Model Residential Schools to provide quality upper primary, secondary, and senior secondary level education to ST Students in Tribal dominated areas.
- The Scheme shall secure the lives of 5 Crore Small and Marginal Farmers by providing a minimum pension of Rs 3000 per month, to those who attain 60 years of age.
- All the small and marginal farmers who are currently between the ages of 18 to 40 years can apply for the scheme.
- Farmer’s monthly contribution can be made from the instalments of PM-KISAN or through CSCs.
Ekalvya Model Residential Schools:
- Ekalavya Model Residential School (EMRS) is a Government of India scheme for model residential school for Indian tribals (ST, Scheduled Tribes) across India.
- It is one the flagship intervention of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India and was introduced in the year 1997-98 to ensure tribal students get access to quality education in the remote tribal areas.
- EMRSs are set up in States/UTs with grants under Article 275(1) of the Constitution of India.