LIVE MINT Import of milk products from China banned
- The government extended the ban on import of milk and its products, including chocolates, from China.
- Food regulator FSSAI had recommended extending the ban until all labs at ports are modernised to test the chemical.
- The ban was first imposed in September 2008 and extended subsequently from time to time.
- India is word’s largest producer and consuer of milk.
- It produces around 150 million tonne milk annually.
- UP is leading state in milk production followed by rajastan and Gujarat.
//php comments_template(); ?>