Ministry of New and Renewable Energy conferred Skoch Award for National Significance.
Why in News?
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has been conferred the Skoch Award for National Significance.
- The award has been conferred considering its purpose and critical role played in installing about 73 GW renewable energy capacity in the country.
- With 21 per cent of total installed capacity, within the year renewable energy grossed one billion units of electricity in the country.
- Today, India ranks 4 in the world in wind energy capacity and 5th in solar & total renewable energy capacity installed in the world.
- India has played a critical role in setting up of international solar alliance. Further, India moved a resolution during the first meeting for making it a global initiative.
- Skoch Group is a think tank dealing with socio-economic issues with a focus on inclusive growth.
- According to their website they have instituted India’s highest independent civilian honours in the field of governance, finance, technology, economics and social sector.
- It celebrates excellence of governance delivery by domain departments.
- This includes having sufficient familiarity, capacity and knowledge about the functionality of their systems, processes and outcomes.
//php comments_template(); ?>