MSME Competitive (LEAN) Scheme
Why in News?
- Ministry of MSMEs has recently launched the MSME Competitive (LEAN) Scheme to provide a roadmap to global competitiveness for the MSMEs of India.
- The idea is to improve quality, productivity, performance and capability to change the mind-sets of manufacturers and transform them into world class manufacturers.
- Lean Manufacturing or Lean Production, known simply as LEAN, is a production practice that considers the expenditure of resources for any goal, other than the creation of value for the end customer, to be wasteful and hence should be eliminated.
- Lean manufacturing includes a set of principles that lean thinkers use to achieve improvements in productivity, quality, and lead-time by eliminating waste through kaizen. Principles of Lean. Determine what value means from the customer’s perspective. This includes understanding what the customer wants, needs, and is willing to pay for.
- Create a map of the value stream, which is the sequence of steps required to produce a product or service. This helps identify areas of waste and inefficiency.
- Create a smooth, uninterrupted flow of work through the value stream. This involves eliminating bottlenecks and interruptions that slow down the process.
- Implement a pull system that produces products only as they are needed, based on customer demand. This helps to reduce inventory and waste
- Continuously strive for perfection by identifying and eliminating waste, improving processes, and ensuring quality.