NAREDCO signs MoU with Housing Ministry
Why in News?
- Realtors body National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs to provide skill training and jobs in the construction sector for 2.5 lakh poor people.
- The partnership will strengthen skill trainings and employment opportunities in the construction sector for urban poor under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission.
- The two objectives of this MoU are to provide employment to urban poor waiting to enter construction sector and up-skill the semi-skilled construction workers working on construction sites to skilled category.
- NAREDCO will ensure implementation of this initiative through training providers.
- It will deliver majority of fresh and upskilling training programme at the construction sites.
- The training curriculum under this initiative will range from minimum 10 days (80 hours) to maximum of 6 months.
- Through this collaboration around 2,50,000 urban poor will be trained.
National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO):
- It is an autonomous self-regulatory body under Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- It was established in 1998 and is headquartered in New Delhi.
- It serves as the apex national body for real estate industry and provides single platform for Government, industry and public to discuss various problems and opportunities face to face for speedy resolution of issues.
- Its mandate also includes to induce transparency and ethics in the real estate business and transform unorganized Indian real estate sector into a matured and globally competitive business sector
//php comments_template(); ?>