New Urea Policy 2015 extended
- Aim of NUP
- Govt Schemes.
- What are the limitations of New Urea Policy.
- How New Urea Policy Reduces Imports? Evaluate.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved to extend theduration of New Urea Policy 2015 for existing gas-based urea unit from 1April 2019 until further orders.
- The move will facilitate the continuation of operations and regular supplyof urea to farmers.
- At present, there are 31 urea units in the country of which 28 units are gasbased.
- The key objectives of the New Urea Policy 2015 are as follows: Maximise indigenous Urea Production to reduce import dependency and reduce import dependency and reduce subsidy burden on the government.
- Promote energy efficiency to reduce Carbon-footprint to make Urea production environment friendly.
- Make Urea production plant to adopt best technology available and become globally competitive.
- Timely supply of Urea to farmers at the same MRP