PARIVESH – a single window hub Environment Management system
Why in News?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched PARIVESH (Pro-Active and Responsive facilitation by Interactive, Virtuous and Environmental Single-window Hub) on the occasion of World Biofuel Day.
PARIVESH – Hub:
- It is a Single-Window Integrated Environmental Management System which stands for Pro-Active and Responsive facilitation by Interactive, Virtuous and Environmental Single-window.
- It is a workflow-based application and portal, based on the concept of web architecture.
- The system has been designed, developed and hosted by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, with technical support from National Informatics Centre, (NIC).
- It automates the entire process of submitting the application and tracking the status of such proposals at each stage of processing
Utility of the portal PARIVESH:
- PARIVESH is a workflow-based application, based on the concept of web architecture.
- It has been designed, developed and hosted by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change with technical support from National Informatics Centre, New Delhi.
- It facilitates for online submission, monitoring and management of proposals submitted by Project Proponents to the MOEFCC, as well as to the State Level Environmental Impact Assessment Authorities (SEIAA).
- The main highlights of PARIVESH include
- Single registration and single sign-in for all types of clearances (i.e. Environment, Forest, Wildlife and CRZ),
- unique-ID for all types of clearances required for a particular project and
- single Window interface for the proponent to submit applications for getting all types of clearances (i.e. Environment, Forests, Wildlife and CRZ clearances)
Significance of PARIVESH:
- With PARIVESH, the Environment Ministry has become more of a facilitator than a regulator.
- PARIVESH offers a framework to generate economic growth and strengthens sustainable development through e-governance.
- PARIVESH automates the entire process of submitting the application and tracking the status of such proposals at each stage of processing.
- With automatic highlighting of non-compliance by the system, PARIVESH helps in improving the overall performance and efficiency of the whole appraisal process.
- PARIVESH also helps the processing authorities, as it has a single window system for central, state and district-level clearances and auto-generation of agenda (based on first come, first served principle), minutes of the meetings and online generation of approval letters.
- The facility of Geographic Information System (GIS) interface for the Appraisal Committee will help them in analyzing the proposal efficiently, automatic alerts (via SMS and emails) at important stages to the concerned officers, committee members and higher authorities to check the delays, if any.
- It also enables project proponents, citizens to view, track and interact with scrutiny officers, generates online clearance letters, online mailers and alerts to state functionaries in case of delays beyond stipulated time for processing of applications