Pradhan Mandri Jan Arokya Abhiyaan
- It is a scheme under the Umbrella mission Ayushmaan Bharat.
- It is a pilot Programme of India’s Largest Health Insurance scheme as announced by Prime Minister during his Independence Day speech.
- The Selected states and Union Territories are Andhra Pradesh, Chandigarh, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Daman and Diu, Nagaland, Manipur, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh
The Out of packet expenditure makes up around 62% of all health care cost in India and according to a study by the public health foundation of India Nearly 5.5 crore people were pushed below the poverty line because of health care expenses, of which 3.8 crore become poor only because they had to bear medicinal cost.
About the Scheme
- By this scheme 5 lakh cashless family insurance covering all member’s of the household for one year. Members can be added by Government’s approval.
- This mission covers 10 crore families when it is launched on 25th September, 2018, They include existing RSBY beneficiaries and those part of similar schemes in the Participating States.
- From Diagnostics test to food for Patients, Consultation fees, surgical equipment and procedure charges is free.
- Hospitalisation expenses such as registration, nursing and boarding charges in general wards.
- In case of multiple surgeries, the highest package rate will be waived for first treatment, 50 & 25% cost for second and third Treatment.
- It will create high demand for hospital infrastructure. If Government of India succeeds in creating such crucial infrastructure then the demand for professional like doctor’s and non – professional will go high.
- Then it will create huge employment for the workforce especially women’s as most of the post like nurses and bio-medical engineering are pursued by women.
- This scheme has worker’s in the name of ‘Ayushmaan Mitra’ who will help assist the beneficiaries if they just have a valid proof to be the citizen of India.