SECOND TRUMP AND KIM SUMMIT TO BE HELD IN VIETNAM ON FEB 27-28
- US President Donald Trump announced that he will hold the second summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in Vietnam on February 27th and 28th.
- The announcement came during his second State of the Union Address to the US Congress.
- Touting good relationship with the North Korean leader, Trump said that progress has been made in his administration’s efforts to achieve peace on the Korean peninsula. He, however, said that much work remains to be done in an effort to dismantle North Korean nuclear and missile programmes.
- Kim and Trump met in Singapore last year, marking the first bilateral meeting between the leaders of the two countries.
- The leaders had signed a vaguely-worded agreement pledging to work toward full denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
- North Korea has since then refrained from overtly provocative actions like testing nuclear warheads or ballistic missiles. However, it has yet to agree to actually give up any piece of its atomic arsenal.
//php comments_template(); ?>