Sri Lankan Airlines named world’s most punctual air service for second consecutive time
11, Jun 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- SriLankan Airlines named as the ‘World’s Most Punctual Airline’ for the second consecutive time with over 90 percent of its flights in May.
- This status was achieved for the second time in less than 12 months.
- They achieved a punctuality rating of 91.37 percent reports Xinhua news agency.
- In a may month they achieved a punctuality rating of 90.75 percent.
- Flightstats analyzed 41 carriers data from Europe, North America, Asia, the Middle East, and South America and includes most of the world’s most prestigious airlines.
- The punctuality rating of 90.75% by SriLankan Airlines in May 2019 facing challenges caused by heightened security at airline’s hub at Bandaranaike International Airport (in Sri Lankan capital Colombo).