Prelims Syllabus : Governance - Schemes Mains Syllabus : GS-II Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
Why in News?
- Ministry for Human Resource Development (MHRD) has submitted the information related to the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) recently.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA):
- It is a flagship program of the Ministry for Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- It aims to link the Higher Education Institutions with a set of at least (5) village, so that these institutions can contribute to the economic and social betterment of these village communities using their knowledge base.
Objectives of the Scheme:
- To engage the faculty and students of Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) in identifying development issues in rural areas and finding sustainable solutions for the same.
- Identify & select existing innovative technologies, enable customisation of technologies, or devise implementation methods for innovative solutions, as required by the people.
- To allow HEIs to contribute to devising systems for smooth implementation of various Government programmes.
About Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0:
- It is the upgraded version of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 1.0 launched in the year 2018.
- The scheme used to be extended to all educational institutes. But under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 participating institutes are selected based on the fulfilment of certain criteria.
- The technological interventions under the UBA cover different subjects broadly categorized like in the area of sustainable agriculture; water resource management; artisans, industries and livelihood; basic amenities (Infrastructure & Services) and Rural Energy System.