US: Legislation for US-India partnership
- US lawmakers introduced new legislation in the House of Representatives to strengthen US-India strategic partnership.
- This will allow the US-India partnership to flourish in line with the US’s security commitment to the Indo-Pacific region.
- The legislation will bolster national security and help ensure full alignment between the Department of Defence and the Department of State.
- The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for fiscal 2017 included special language recognising the unique US-India defence relationship that designated India as a “Major Defence Partner” of the United States.
- The language seeks unique consideration for trade and technology sharing with India and increased attention and support to advance this relationship in the areas of defence trade and technology sharing.
//php comments_template(); ?>