WATER DISINFECTION SYSTEM “ONEERTM”
Why in News? 3h>
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Indian Institute of Toxicology Research (CSIR-IITR) has developed a Drinking Water Disinfection System with trade name OneerTM.
- It is useful for continuous treatment of water and eliminates all disease-causing pathogens such as virus, bacteria, fungi, protozoa and cyst.
- It provides safe drinking water to domestic and communities settings as per National and International standards prescribed for potable water (BIS, WHO etc.).
- It will provide access to safe and clean drinking water at a cost of just 2 Paise / Ltr.
Significance of the development:
//php comments_template(); ?>
- A large proportion of India’s rural community is consuming water that does not meet the WHO drinking water quality standards.
- According to the World Health Organization, access to safe drinking-water is essential to health, a basic human right and a component of effective policy for health protection.
- The Community level model is of 450 LPH capacities which can be scaled up to 5000 to 1 lakh L/day; and is also maintenance and membrane free.
- The technology will be helpful especially for rural people since it can be solar powered and this development is in line with the ‘Make in India’ Mission.