EASTERN ECONOMIC FORUM
25, Jun 2019
Prelims level : International Mains level : Important International Institutions, Agencies and Fora- Their Structure, Mandate
- The Eastern Economic Forum was established by Decree of the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin in 2015. In accordance with the Decree, the Eastern Economic Forum takes place each year in Vladivostok.
- Every year, the Eastern Economic Forum serves as a platform for the discussion of key issues in the world economy, regional integration, and the development of new industrial and technological sectors, as well as of the global challenges facing Russia and other nations.
- Strengthening ties between the international investment community, Russian business, and federal, regional, and local government bodies
- Conducting a comprehensive expert assessment of the economic potential of the Russian Far East and improving the region’s competitiveness and attractiveness to investors both nationally and internationally
- Showcasing new investment and business opportunities such as advanced special economic zones, Vladivostok Free Port, and state support for high-potential investment projects
- India and China will meet along with Russia in the side-lines of Easter Economic Forum apart from a trilateral meeting during the G20 summit. Such a meeting would add weightage to the global significance of Eurasian region.