05, Jul 2018
Prelims level : Mains level : Social Justice
Recently, National Legal Service authority has suggested to extend the scheme to provide compensation for victim’s of rape and sexual harassment to the child victims to the Supreme court.
About National Legal Service Authority (NALSA):
- It has been Established with an aim to full fill the DPSP article 39A which provides for free legal services to the poor and weather sections of the society.
- And to fulfil the Preambular promise of providing Justice to all the Citizens, Justice, Social Economic and Political.
- It is constituted under Lega Service act, 1987 to provide free Legal service to weaker section of the society.
About NIRBAYA Fund:
- It is an 10 Billion corpus announced by the government of India in its 2013 budget to support initiatives by the government and NGO working towards protecting the dignity and ensuring safety of women in India.
- Various ministries from ministry of women and child welfare to Ministry of Railways will work on it to spend it on empowering women.